SEA LIFE Blankenberge
Many people visit SEA LIFE Blankenberge from nearby Brugge or Ostend, buying tickets at the door or taking advantage of online prebooking for skip-the-line access. The moderately sized aquarium is home to marine creatures, from piranhas, rays, and sturgeon to sea stars, seahorses, and anemones—and that's just indoors. There's also a large outdoor penguin area with Humboldt penguins and "Turtle Island," with plenty of resident turtles.
Things to Know Before You Go
SEA LIFE Blankenberge is a must-visit for families or anyone interested in marine life.
Parking on weekdays is free, but there's an hourly fee on weekends.
The aquarium is wheelchair-accessible, and each wheelchair user gets a free pass for an accompanying guest.
How to Get There
SEA LIFE Blankenberge is located in the seaside resort town of Blankenberge, about a 10-minute walk from the Blankenberge station. If you're coming by train from Brussels or Ghent, the easiest way to get here is to take a train to Ostend and then hop the tram to the SEA LIFE–Floreal stop. By car, SEA LIFE is about 25 minutes north of Bruges or east of Ostend.
When to Get There
SEA LIFE Blankenberge is open throughout the year, and only closes on Christmas Day. It's open from midmorning to late afternoon (with slightly shorter hours on Christmas and New Year's Eve), but the entrance shuts an hour before closing time. Weekdays during the nonsummer months see the fewest crowds.
Caretaker for a Day
Budding marine biologists ages 6–12 can get hands-on experience taking care of animals at SEA LIFE by joining the aquarium’s Caretaker for a Day program. Participants get to make lunch for otters, help clean penguin enclosures, and even learn firsthand how otters are trained.
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Alsace
- Friet Museum
- Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum
- Lace Centre & Museum (Kantcentrum)
- Jerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk)
- Historium Brugge
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)
- Burg Square
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)