Top Coimbra Outdoor Activities
50 results | All Coimbra Tours
* A traveler said: "Felipe our guide was friendly and knowledgeable..He gave excellent insights into student life & history.."
* A traveler said: "Having an excellent guide (Rafael) made the University & Library visit memorable. His knowledge of Portuguese history added so much more than just a standard guided tour."
* A traveler said: "Alfredo was on time, very polite and knowledgable about the wildlife and mountains. We saw roe deer and red deer. The mountains are spectacular. The village on the mountain we visited was beautiful and the people were very friendly, great coffee and cake."
* A traveler said: "Wow, what a day. Fatima and Sergio met us at our hotel, with all COVID safety measures carried out, we were off to the best day ever. We visited the most beautiful windmills, learned all about the natural vegetation in Portugal, visited the most wonderful river beaches and natural swimming pools, walked in the primitiva forest and saw the most awesome schist villages built into mountain sides. Ever so grateful to have experienced Portugal with Fatima and Sergio."
* A traveler said: "I had the pleasure of taking this tour with Green Deer. The tour was the perfect balance of independence and guidance. The tour guide spoke great English, there was great conversation and the tour was very interesting with some very beautiful spots."
* A traveler said: "I had an amazing journey while visiting Coimbra (the university and the city). The very talented guide treat me in a courteous way, explained the history of the city but also of Portugal and showed me all the things to discover in this amazing city."
* A traveler said: "Enthusiastic guide, who took us on a wonderful adventure. Assisted us seniors in climbing up to the caves on the trails. Escorted us into a hillside bakery where he bought us bread and cake then into a charming hillside town where he gifted us with local cheese. Onto the ruins where his own wonder of the discovery was evident. Great day from pickup to drop off at the hotel. Thank you Xavier ."
* A traveler said: "A welcome tour from the museum and church usuals! Amazing roman ruins and their world class preserved mosaics within a 20min comfortable ride from Coimbra. Wonderful guides, expert in the area, made the tour a real pleasure, highly recommend for any nature and history enthusiasts."
* A traveler said: "Our tour of Coimbra, Buçaco and the winery was fantastic. Xavier was an excellent tour guide. I would definitely recommend this tour to others."
* A traveler said: "Great tour and guide! The first stop at the POROS Museum was great. Very interactive and there's a few VERY eye-opening parts. No spoiler alert, you'll have to experience them yourself. The ruins themselves are impressive, even though MAYBE on 10% has actually been excavated. The artifacts in the museum at the end are fascinating. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Just go when it's not too hot. I had a solo guide, since they are not mixing groups due to COVID."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Porto
- Things to do in Peso Da Regua
- Things to do in Braga
- Things to do in Sintra
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Vigo
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in La Coruna
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Northern Portugal
- Things to do in Alentejo