Top Catania Shore Excursions
90 results | All Catania Tours
* A traveler said: "The trip was very interesting with different experiences (the tunnel and the walk)+ the explanations. The guide was passionate about the subject and told a lot of stories about local life"
* A traveler said: "Had a great day, pick up from the hotel was on time, went to the meeting point and everyone went away on their different trips. We were with Salvo in the morning and Christien in the afternoon. Both very professional and informative. We had a great day with a lot of fun. Broken up with a nice lunch at the restaurant near the ski lift. Well worth the money."
* A traveler said: "What a great experience. We had a wonderful tour guide who provided an detailed history of Mount Etna. We never felt rushed during the tour. Once in a lifetime experience of an active volcano."
* A traveler said: "From start to end, this was the most amazing day. Bruno was warm and knowledgeable. He treated us like family with insights on the area and made sure all was perfect at each of the vineyards we visited. He curated a perfect day- private winery tour in the country, lunch with an amazing view at buzzy Gambino, and wrapping up the day with the delicious wines, hospitality and breathtaking views at Gibellina. I must add we felt at ease the entire trip thanks to Bruno ensuring we had water, tea, coffee, peaches (from his home!)… it was a true delight."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful experience. It was a jam packed van and our guide Antonio was very knowledgable. He answered all our questions and provided all help when needed. the lunch place was amazing and we had a great time."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful experience. Our guide was amazing and had a lot of knowledge about history. Lunch was customised based on our preference that was mainly panini and Catania red wine sourced from Etna. We saw churches, local markets, sea, churches, temple ruins."
* A traveler said: "A day that will be remembered. Giuseppe is a pro for sure - punctual, informative and friendly. Very convenient to be riding around in a modern comfortable car. Etna was beautiful and the wine tasting and lunch at gambini was superb!"
Godfather Private Tour from Catania: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
* A traveler said: "Godfather Private Tour from Catania - Savoca, and Forza D'Agro was the best experience I had with my son. This July 2021 my son gave me the best present I ever had, it was his gift for my 60th birthday. He took me to Sicily and Italy. I never expected a tour of my dream, my favorite movie in my life - The Godfather, he set up this tour with a private guide, the guide was just wonderful. As we drove there with him, he drove us through St. Theresa Riva, Forza D'Agro, and Savoca. He explained every area that the film was recorded, he had the film on his phone as he explained. I loved every minute of the tour. It was just wonderful. My dream came true, viewing and being in the same site the Godfather was filmed. I will always remember it. The lunch and dinner/wine were just great "delicioso" and the trip "bellisimo"."
* A traveler said: "He made it a memorable day for our group. He was caring, fun and generous with his history of the areas. Our driver, Louisa, got us to and from our stops safely and conscientiously."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful tour of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento. Manuel was a wonderful driver and guide. He could not do enough for us. The temples were amazing and are a must see. A private tour is the best way to do this. Thoroughly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We had a fantastic and informative time on this tour. As we were the only two people, our tour guide, Gioele, treated it as a private tour. He was an enthusiastic storyteller in sharing his knowledge of Sicily, anything from its history to current life. His explanations made the ride all the more pleasant. For our first winery visit, we had a passionate sommelier, who gave us a tour of the vineyard and winery and conducted the wine tasting. As I am a wine enthusiast, she keenly answered any questions I had regarding vine training, canopy management, wine production, maturation, etc. It was almost a private course in winemaking in Sicily. We had lunch in the second winery, and this tour accommodated for a vegan diet."
* A traveler said: "My wife and I took A private tour on Sunday, May 2, 2019 to Siracusa, Ortigia, and Noto. Our driver, Giuseppe, was on time, drove safely, and had a great personality. His car was clean and comfortable. He shared a tremendous amount of very interesting knowledge about the sites we visited. He attended to all of our needs. We had great conversation about many topics during the drive. Part of our trip was in pouring rain and Giuseppe made sure he dropped us off right at the entrance. He even gave us his own umbrella to use on the tour to keep us dry! It rained on and off during the day, and he was very flexible in allowing us to wait until the rain stopped so that we could use our time to maximize seeing the sites. When we return to visit Sicily, we will request Giuseppe to take us on another tour! I highly recommend Giuseppe for any private tour of Sicily. He is kind and very knowledgeable about the island of Sicily."
* A traveler said: "Armando did a great job of getting us up and down the narrow streets and sharing life in Sicily as well as historic sites. Taormina is a nice little town with a Roman amphitheater and plenty of tourist shops and cafes. Castlemole had a nice view, but not really much else up there to do."
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing trip. Taormina was a lovely town. There were spectacular view of Mount Etna. Castelmola has a very interesting pub where we sampled almond wine. Our driver was fantastic Michael. Would definitely do this again."
* A traveler said: "This tour is the best one for sure! The ETNA is an absolute must see and we fell in love with Castelmola... Our guide, Armando, was very helpful, answered all our question about the culture, the history of Sicile and made everything possible to please us. Even found a nice typical italian restaurant for us for lunch. I highly recommend this tour and the driver also!"
* A traveler said: "We met our guide from our cruise ship, we avoided paying for overly priced soulless cruise tours. It was immediately clear our guide would be showing us around 'his' city with pride and passion. We casually walked through the local markets seeing Catania in the raw, living and breathing the hustle and bustle of the fish and vegetable markets. We learnt about the rich often violent history of the city through a locals eyes, sipping the shortest espresso EVER! and sampling local fruit and cake. We returned to our cruise after a fascinating insight of a beautiful city, would highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "Marco was an amazing guide. Very professional and knowledgeable. He went over and above to make this tour as wonderful as he could. He made this tour fabulous!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Syracuse
- Things to do in Messina
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Valletta
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia