Top Catania Half-day Tours
38 results | All Catania Tours
* A traveler said: "The trip was very interesting with different experiences (the tunnel and the walk)+ the explanations. The guide was passionate about the subject and told a lot of stories about local life"
* A traveler said: "Very unique and pleasant experience, friendly guide. Beautiful views from mount Etna and Taormina. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "What a great experience. We had a wonderful tour guide who provided an detailed history of Mount Etna. We never felt rushed during the tour. Once in a lifetime experience of an active volcano."
* A traveler said: "It was a fun and enjoyable tour. It was also very interesting thanks to our guide Danilo, who conducted the tour in two languages very well."
* A traveler said: "It was an amazing experience. The guides were very prepared! You can visit all the major point of interest in the Mount Etna!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour guide and fantastic experience. Would really recommend. The red wine I had was the best I’ve ever tried."
* A traveler said: "Armando did a great job of getting us up and down the narrow streets and sharing life in Sicily as well as historic sites. Taormina is a nice little town with a Roman amphitheater and plenty of tourist shops and cafes. Castlemole had a nice view, but not really much else up there to do."
* A traveler said: "Alessio has been a perfect guide for us. First we went to Etna and we received every explanations, then we had lunch in a very nice place where we ate typical sicilian food, and finally we enjoyed Taormina. We think the tour is perfect and very complete and we recommend to everybody."
* A traveler said: "Agata was the perfect guide. I have travelled all o er the world and she is the most passionate orater of a city I have encountered. Lovely food and delightful anecdotes. Throughly enjoyed it. Agata was very gracious in answering all my questions even those not related to the tour Gracie xx"
* A traveler said: "We met our guide from our cruise ship, we avoided paying for overly priced soulless cruise tours. It was immediately clear our guide would be showing us around 'his' city with pride and passion. We casually walked through the local markets seeing Catania in the raw, living and breathing the hustle and bustle of the fish and vegetable markets. We learnt about the rich often violent history of the city through a locals eyes, sipping the shortest espresso EVER! and sampling local fruit and cake. We returned to our cruise after a fascinating insight of a beautiful city, would highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour!!! We were very impressed with this tour! We had no idea how beautiful Sicily truly is. We are so glad we had a wonderful guide & realized we could have never done this on our own. Definitely worth the help of a guide & driver!"
* A traveler said: "The most memorable part of the trip is the knowledge of the guide, he was very nice, full of education and with great service in his mind."
* A traveler said: "This was a great experience! The guide was very kind and provided interesting information for Etna, its craters, lava stones and caves. We would like to thank very much and to recommend this exciting tour to everybody visiting Sicily. :-)"
* A traveler said: "Our Etna tour with Andrea of Etna Tribes was perfect. For us he explained everything in French. We spend a every nice time!"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful time. It was everything we expected. The only regret we have is we didn't book the whole day tour, but the sunset made it all good!!"
* A traveler said: "This tour was great for a taste of Sicily. We drove past and visited some beautiful scenery and towns. Our guide Carmino was very friendly polite and knowledgeable. I appreciated the small tour bus. It was more intimate than a larger tour. A great day"
* A traveler said: "We had an incredible trip to Mt. Etna! Enzo picked us up at our Airbnb apartment in Catania, and told us we were the only ones on the tour that day, so we could design our trip any way that suited us. He navigated the trip through town and up to Etna expertly, and gave us plenty of info about the history, geology and mythology of the mountain while he drove, which was some impressive multi-tasking, considering the driving alone was a challenge. He got us neatly through ticket lines and onto the cable car for the trip to the top. The views from that level were amazing, and the landscape was lunar... it was windy, cold but not freezing, and bright, and we heard the sound of rocks crunching that Enzo told us later was a common sound of volcanic activity. After we came back down, he was waiting and then took us on a series of crater hikes all over the area, and a nice walk down below the tree line to show us the vegetation and a stone refuge house for hikers. Enzo really knows his stuff, his English is great he is multilingual, and he couldn't have been more generous with his time and his expertise. He put in a long day with us, and kept offering more opportunities of things to see and do. If you are a hiker or interested in natural history you should definitely ask for him. We had a great time!"
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing trip. Taormina was a lovely town. There were spectacular view of Mount Etna. Castelmola has a very interesting pub where we sampled almond wine. Our driver was fantastic Michael. Would definitely do this again."
* A traveler said: "Very good transfer from Taormina to Etna with a great tour guide, sharing interesting facts and history. Definitely recommend it."
* A traveler said: "Marco was an amazing guide. Very professional and knowledgeable. He went over and above to make this tour as wonderful as he could. He made this tour fabulous!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Syracuse
- Things to do in Messina
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Valletta
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia