You shouldn’t leave Buenos Aires without seeing a tango show, and Tango Porteno puts on one of the best. Guests at Tango Porteno have the option to add a three-course dinner to the experience, with several options for appetizers, entrees, and desserts. If you’d like, arrive early to participate in a free tango lesson before the performance. It’s also possible to combine a tango show with a sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires’ top attractions.
Recent reviews from experiences in Buenos Aires
Things to know before you go
- Tango Porteno is a must-see for music lovers and couples.
- Book your show tickets ahead of time to skip the line at the box office.
- Many show packages include hotel pickup and drop-off in Buenos Aires.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible and offers Braille and large print menus for guests with visual impairments.
- The venue serves menus for vegetarians, vegans, and those with celiac disease.
How to get there
Tango Porteno is located near Teatro Colon and the Obelisk. The nearest metro stops are Lavalle, Tribunales, and Carlos Pellegrini.
When to get there
Shows begin nightly at 10:15pm; dinner is served at 8:30pm. Plan to arrive at least 15 to 20 minutes early to find your seat and get comfortable, and even earlier if you want a free tango lesson.
Tango Tours in Buenos Aires
While watching tango is fun, dancing tango is even better. Try the dance for yourself by booking a private tango lesson with a local dancer, or join a small group tango class at a local milonga. These interactive lessons can be combined with a tango history tour around town or a show at one of the city’s many excellent tango theaters.
- Colon Theatre (Teatro Colón)
- Plaza de la Republica
- Obelisk (Obelisco de Buenos Aires)
- Jewish Museum of Buenos Aires (El Museo Judío de Buenos Aires )
- Galerias Pacifico
- Plaza de Mayo
- Paz Palace (Palacio Paz)
- Guemes Gallery (Galeria Güemes)
- Plaza San Martin
- Cafe Tortoni
- Barolo Palace (Palacio Barolo)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Kavanagh Building (Edificio Kavanagh)
- Cabildo de Buenos Aires
- San Ignacio de Loyola Church (St. Ignatius Church)