El Viejo Almacen de Buenos Aires
Tango shows are held at El Viejo Almacen each evening and last around 1.5 hours. Visitors can opt to attend the show with drinks included, enjoy a 3-course pre-show dinner of traditional Argentine cuisine and wine, or upgrade to VIP tickets and make the most of the open bar. Many tickets also include hotel pickup and drop-off.
Recent reviews from experiences in Buenos Aires
Things to Know Before You Go
There is no dress code, but most guests wear smart-casual attire.
Dinner menus include meat, fish, and vegetarian options and are accompanied by red or white wines.
The venue is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
El Viejo Almacen is located on Avenida Independencia in the San Telmo district of Buenos Aires. The closest metro station is Independencia (line C), about a 15-minute walk away.
When to Get There
Tango shows are held nightly year-round and typically start around 10pm with dinner held before the show. Shows finish around 11:30pm, so it’s worth opting for a tour that includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
The Argentine Tango
Argentina’s national dance became popular in the 19th century, starting in the bars and brothels of Buenos Aires’ working-class neighborhoods, La Boca and San Telmo. Today, the dance is honored on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List, and there are a number of ways that travelers can experience tango in the city. Enjoy a tango show at one of the historic venues, learn the basic steps during a tango lesson, watch street dancers performing at San Telmo’s Sunday market, or join locals at amilonga (dance hall). Buenos Aires also hosts the International Tango Festival each August.
- Plaza Italia
- Buenos Aires Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanico Carlos Thays)
- Evita Peron Museum (Museo Evita)
- Parque Tres de Febrero (Bosques de Palermo)
- Old Palermo (Palermo Viejo)
- Palermo Hippodrome (Hipodromo Argentino de Palermo)
- Barrio Norte
- Galileo Galilei Planetarium (Planetario Galileo Galilei)
- Latin American Art Museum of Buenos Aires (Museo de Arte Lationoamericano de Buenos Aires, MALBA)
- National Library
- Catulo Tango
- Buenos Aires National Museum of Fine Arts (Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes)
- Recoleta Cemetery (Cemiterio de Recoleta)
- Esquina Carlos Gardel
- Floralis Generica