This is Holland
Visitors are guided through two introductory stages before entering the flight simulator, which uses cinematic visuals, sounds, smells, and wind, to create the illusion of free flight. Book your ticket in advance to guarantee entry at a time that suits you, or take advantage of package deals that combine THIS IS HOLLAND with other integral Amsterdam experiences—such as a canal cruise or the A’DAM Lookout—for a discounted price.
Things to Know Before You Go
THIS IS HOLLAND is ideal for travelers with limited time in the Netherlands.
People who are pregnant, shorter than 100cm, or younger than four years of age are not permitted to ride the flight simulator.
Do not ride the flight simulator if you suffer from motion sickness or balance disorders.
Wheelchair users must be able to transfer into the ride seat independently or with the help of a personal companion.
How to Get There
THIS IS HOLLAND is located directly across the IJ bay from Amsterdam Centraal. A free shuttle connects the station with Buiksloterweg station on the river’s north bank and departs every few minutes. There’s a paid parking lot between THIS IS HOLLAND and the EYE Film Institute.
When to Get There
The attraction opens daily, except major national holidays, with extended hours during summer. The whole experience takes about an hour, making it ideal for a rainy day. Be aware that the attraction can get very busy, especially after midday, so book tickets in advance to avoid waiting in line.
An Afternoon in Overhoeks
With such a high concentration of attractions, it’s easy to spend an afternoon just exploring the Overhoeks area. You can follow up your flight experience with a ride on Europe’s highest swing at the A’DAM Lookout and take time to browse the EYE Film Institute’s exhibitions, before unwinding with a drink in one of the A’DAM Toren trendy venues. Alternatively, you can immerse yourself in Amsterdam’s creative scene at the Tolhuistuin culture hub.
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
- A’dam Lookout
- EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)
- Amsterdam Central Station
- St. Nicholas Basilica (Sint Nicolaasbasiliek)
- Amsterdam Red Light District (De Wallen)
- Venustempel Sex Museum
- Museum of Medieval Torture Instruments
- Museum Our Lord in the Attic (Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder)
- Old Church (Oude Kerk)
- Body Worlds Amsterdam
- Red Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)
- NEMO Science Museum
- New Market Square (Nieuwmarkt)